Bachelor in Paradise, Entertainment, Sexual Assault -

‘Bachelor in Paradise’ filming suspended over sexual assault claims

Bachelor in Paradise, Entertainment, Sexual Assault -

‘Bachelor in Paradise’ filming suspended over sexual assault claims

Filming was suspended on Bachelor in Paradise after a field producer filed reports of sexual assault over an incident in which Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson had a sexual encounter in a swimming pool.

The allegations of sexual assault were made because the producer felt that Olympios was too drunk to consent to what was happening, though Jackson insisted that the encounter was consensual and that it was even instigated by Olympios. Jackson said that they had been drinking all day, heavily making out in the bar when Olympios suggested going to the pool, where they took their clothes off and engaged in “rubbing, touching and fingering.” TMZ reported Jackson’s version of events in which he said that he was unable to consummate the conduct because he was too drunk, and sources who have seen the footage said that Olympios appeared “fully engaged.”

— ABC casts Trump supporter to date first black Bachelorette — 

Sources close to Olympios say she remembers nothing and would not have willingly jeopardized her relationship with her boyfriend. They say she doesn’t fully blame her cast mate because he was drunk as well, and believes producers are also culpable.

The producer in question was reportedly assigned to Olympios and was upset that no one stopped the conduct when Olympios seemed to drunk to be able to remember it. Olympios has not seen the footage of what happened, either.

Entertainment Tonight reported that the two had been “drinking all day, having a good time” in Mexico when “next thing you know, Corinne comes over and hops on his lap,” and the two started heavily making out.

“Everyone is just going about their business. Cameras are rolling. Producers are everywhere,” the insider told ET. “That’s when a ‘third party’ felt uncomfortable, claiming misconduct in the workplace.”

Filming has since come to a stop, and contestants have apparently been sent home. In a statement to Us, Warner Bros. said they’re “aware of allegations of misconduct” and that they’re “conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations.”

Season four had been scheduled to premiere on August 8 before filming ground to a halt.

The post ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ filming suspended over sexual assault claims appeared first on theGrio.


Leave a comment

Related Posts

50 years after Olympic protest, the activist message should not be commercialized At what cost do we weaken social justice movement with advertising?
This week the nation celebrated the 50th anniversary of one of the most iconic moments in U.S. Olympic history: the d...
Read More
Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Become First Caribbean Team to Make Women’s World Cup, Thanks to a Big Assist from Bob Marley’s Daughter
Twenty years ago, the Jamaican mens’ soccer team made history by qualifying for its first World Cup. Now, Jamaica’s w...
Read More
Kira Johnson Spoke 5 Languages, Raced Cars, Was Daughter in Law of Judge Glenda Hatchett. She Still Died in Childbirth.
By all accounts, Kira Johnson could be described as a phenomenal woman. She traveled extensively, spoke five language...
Read More
Mom Dies After Being Forced To Wait Seven Hours To Be Operated On For Post-Childbirth Complications
A young mom has passed away after doctors failed to tend to her post-childbirth complications. Despite Charles Jonhso...
Read More

Tags