The text incorporates a wealth of pedagogical resources including an extensive text box program, study questions, maps, timelines, and more than seventy photos (including two photo essays). A comprehensive glossary contains more than 200 key terms; these terms appear in boldface type the first time they are used in each chapter and are also listed at the end of each chapter in which they appear.
Reflecting recent changes in scholarship, the third edition features:
* New "Take a Stand" boxes at the end of each chapter that help students synthesize the material
* New text boxes on textual criticism, forgery, the historical Jesus, and non-canonical texts
* Updated and expanded bibliographies
* An updated Student Website containing chapter summaries, key terms, guides for reading, and self-quizzes
* An updated Instructor's Manual that provides summaries, pedagogical suggestions, and a test bank
Ideal for undergraduate and seminary classes in the New Testament, Biblical Studies, and Christian Origins, A Brief Introduction to the New Testament, Third Edition, is an engaging and accessible introduction that encourages students to consider the historical issues surrounding these writings.